Phoenix Freight Systems is committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. The main requirements of the Privacy Act are set out in the National Privacy Principles where it determines how an organisation such as Phoenix Freight Systems should collect, use, keep, secure and disclose personal information.
This statement sets out Phoenix Freight Systems policy in Australia for handling personal information collected when dealing with its clients and business partners.
Collection and Use
Phoenix Freight Systems generally collects personal information such as individual's name, address, email address, banking details, personal ID such as Passport and driver’s license details, date of birth and gender. In most cases Phoenix Freight Systems collects personal information directly from Phoenix Freight Systems clients, from third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives and or from publicly available sources of information.
Phoenix Freight Systems collects and uses personal information for a number of purposes such as:
- Procurement of inter-modal transportation and logistics services
- Importation and exportation of goods
- Customs and ATO declaration for the purpose of import and export goods
- Account management and billing
- Internal business operation such as planning, service development and reporting to related companies
- Advising clients of our services and any changes from time to time
Disclosure of personal Information
Phoenix Freight Systems in using personal information for the above purposes may need to disclose personal information to various organisations and/or parties such as Australian Taxation Office, Australian Customs Services, Shipping lines, contracted service providers, business partners and related companies.
Phoenix Freight Systems may need to disclose personal information to organisations and/or parties in a foreign country where for example, this disclosure is necessary for the performance of contracted services in the interest of the individual.
Phoenix Freight Systems may also disclose information in special cases when Phoenix Freight Systems in good faith believes that such action is reasonably necessary, for example, to conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process, protect and defend Phoenix Freight Systems rights or property, enforce Phoenix Freight Systems contractual arrangements or act to protect the interest of Phoenix Freight Systems clients.
Personal Information Security
Phoenix Freight Systems exercises great care to protect information you provide to us. We take all reasonable precautions to protect the personal information we hold about you from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We have a range of physical and technology policies in place to provide a robust security environment. We ensure the on-going adequacy of these measures by regularly reviewing them.
Our security measures include, but are not limited to:
- restricting access to our computer systems and physical records to authorised persons and preventing users from accessing information they have no need to access;
- requiring employees to use unique passwords to gain access to systems;
- employing firewalls, intrusion detection systems and virus scanning tools to prevent unauthorised persons and viruses from entering our system.
If you are providing personal information to Phoenix Freight Systems, Phoenix Freight Systems requests that you take all necessary steps to ensure that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
External sites that are linked to or from Phoenix Freight Systems website are not under our control and you are advised to review their privacy statement.